It’s official. Wizkid is the King of Afropop.
The Grammy award-winning artiste was featured for the October issue of GQ, and his fans are repping their fave on social media. GQ is an American international men’s magazine that focuses on fashion, fitness and gets featured monthly by Conde Nast in New York City. The magazine has featured the likes of Justin Bieber, Post Malone, and Burna Boy who graced their cover last year.
Sharing photos of Wizkid via their Instagram account, GQ recognized Wizkid as the King of Afropop who is taking over speakers with the sounds of home. According to GQ, “Wizkid is the guy Drake and Beyoncé call up whenever they need a continent-spanning smash hit”. gotv
The photographs for the magazine were all taken in Accra, Ghana by Prince Gyasi and he was styled by Karen Binns.
- Wizkid Wins At 2021 MTV Video Music Awards
- Wizkid Joins In Davido & Burna Boy’s Achievement, Gets US Gold Certification
- HISTORY! Wizkid Sets Another Record
- Tems Dethrones Wizkid, Becomes Spotify’s Most Streamed Afrobeat Artiste
- Wizkid Replies Toke Makinwa After She Called Him An Errand Boy
- Wizkid Announces 3rd Date for The O2 MIL Tour, Sells Out All Tickets In Minutes!!!